Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sigiriya

Photo from http://sigiriya.org/
We watched episode 2 of My Sri Lanka this week end. This time, the host takes us inland to the ancient fortress of Sigiriya.
What a gorgeous sight! Ruins of a fortress lie on top of a gigantic rock in the middle of a plain. Ancient gardens, frescoes and architectural features make it one of the must-sees in Sri Lanka. I can’t wait to go!!!
Peter also visits a vegetable plantation (this one is way too remote!) and cooks fish he has fished himself, in a traditional boat.
Pablo and I talked about it, and we’d both really like to go to Sri Lanka one day, whether we adopt from there or not. We’ve been dreaming about this for a while, and the more we discover about the country, the more we want to visit!
Of course, we don’t know what life has in store for us... It wouldn’t be a cheap vacation, that’s for sure! And even when (if) we go to pick up our child, we don’t yet know what our trip there is going to be like. Are we going to have time to visit the country? Is it easy travelling the distance from Colombo to other regions? We don’t even know what city we’ll be in! But we’re dreaming of one day touring around these beautiful sights with a little bundle sleeping in a backpack or sling...

5 comments:

  1. Hello! Also My Husband and I are adopting a child from Sri Lanka. I write form Italy (and really sorry for my english).
    Yesterday I was looking for news about Sri Lanka's adoption and found your blog. Is really nice!
    Ade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Ade! Welcome on my blog. I'm glad you like it, and hope you find it helpful!
    How far are you in the process? Is your dossier already in Sri Lanka?
    You know that the program is still temporarily close, right?
    Please continue to visit the blog often, I'm keeping it up to date.
    And don't worry about your English, it's a second language to me as well :)

    Gen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gen! Yes, my dossier is already in SriLanka from July 2011 and also I Know that the program is temporary close! It is searching news about this that I found your blog :-) I hope the country will be open soon and have some good news!!!!
    Sure that I continue to visit the blog!!!!
    Ade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I saw and read a little bit your blog and I decided to write. We are also waiting for a baby from Sri Lanka. Our dossier is there since September 2010!!! We hope things are going better in "our country" in the next few months. Good Luck to you and if you want we can keep in touch. Barbara from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Being so far in the process, the current ban must be affecting you guys pretty bad! I also hope things go back to normal very quickly. It's already been 4 months now!
      Hang in there,
      Gen

      Delete

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers