Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A New Timeline

You’d think I’d know better than to estimate timelines, by now... But I can’t help it, I need to set a date at which I can start being hopeful!
So let’s do the exercise again...
Our agent said the quickest referral they ever got was 8 months. The longest was 2 years. 1-1/2 year was her estimated average. I can only guess the program will slow down after this unfortunate pause, though...
Let’s give ourselves until July for our Dossier to be approved, authenticated by the consulate, sent back to our provincial government and received in Sri Lanka.
This means a referral in February 2013 is a possibility. Most likely we will get it between December 2013 and July 2014.
I know I'll start hoping in 2013, but it's much more likely that 2014 will be our year...

2 comments:

  1. Gen,
    I didn't see your posts earlier in the week. They are only all coming through tonight!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth,

      I know, all my posts came out at once... I didn't have easy access to Blogger those past few days so I wrote my posts in a Word document. When I finally had some time to post them online, I posted all of them at once! That's why :)
      Thanks for your kind words, it's really exciting that the program is open again!
      Gen

      Delete

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers