Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Awkward Questions

Have a read at this Mom's post. She has a large family, with some special needs kids and some trans-racially adopted kids too.
She came up with a list of the most awkward questions she's been asked.
Some are so ridiculous they're funny. others are plain hurtful.

But other than for a good laugh, I think it's worth reading because of how she chooses to answer some of these intrusive questions. I admire her zen attitude, and I think she has a point: being defensive about it doesn't give your kids the best perception about their adoption...

I'll have to try and rememer this...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking to my post and for your words. It's always hard to know if I'm responding the right way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharla,
      I hope you don't mind that I linked to your post without permission... I think this is a struggle for everyone touched by adoption and the way you respond inspired me. I thought your post would be beneficial for a lot of waiting parents...
      Thanks for sharing!
      Gen

      Delete

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers